9.5.06

Paradox

I'm going through a writing dry-spell. I don't know what to say anymore. My blog has quickly become a music review, which was not my intention when I began (even though my first post was a music review). Maybe that's what I'm supposed to be writing on here. Maybe someone needed to find a sweet new band right at the time I posted about Blindside or Flyleaf or The Album Leaf. I've got no idea. I don't want my blog to be me typing empty words to all of six people.. even though they are six very special people.

Ok, well. Now I have a story to tell you that happened to me today.

First of all, if you don't know me, you need to understand that I'm halarious. Ha, and very humble. But seriously, I've been known to crack jokes at just about anytime. That's just a part of who I am. But when I'm at school, I'm totally different. I rarely talk or say anything funny unless I know someone in my class.

So I'm taking this "salesmanship" class, right? Funniest class I've ever had. It's so random and we do nothing the whole time. So what usually happens is we come in, sit at our round tables and talk to each other the whole time. Usually, I'm not doing the talking since I sit with three other guys who I don't know and who are also older than me. But there's this on kid who sits at my table who always talks to me and tells me jokes and in return I'll say some smart aleck remark back that isn't funny because it's not supposed to be.

Today was about the same, except today this kid was telling me riddles and then I would blow his mind with the right answers (too bad I had already heard them or I could be deemed "clever"). So after a while the other guys at the table want to hear some of these and then the topic turns towards getting carded at bars? What? Yeah, I don't understand the thought process. So they're talking about how women are always so happ to get carded because it makes them feel young. Then this kid, obviously underaged as well, turns to me and says, "So does it make you happy when you get carded in a bar?" and I reply, "Of course, since I hang out at the bar so much. I find it's easier to sell myself there."

I was obviously making a crack at our assignment for this week. We had to "sell ourselves" as a sales person. And being at a table with three guys, prostitution came up at least twice in a joking manner as I just sat there and said nothing.

But this time, I decided to give them a little taste of Emily. I caught the guy so off guard that I started laughing. He said, "Wow, I didn't know you were so funny.. You're always so quiet."

That's right, he thought I was quiet. Go ahead, laugh a little.

I'm a paradox.

I took a personality test and scored equally in two categories that are completely opposite. the bizzare thing about it is, I looked at the descriptions of both of them, and they both fit my personality to the "T". My sales teacher was bamboozled by it. No one understood it but me.. and my mom.

What you see is never what you get with me. Not because I hide anything, but because I'm multi-layered. "I'm taller than I appear." You never know what's going to happen next and yet I'm so predictable.

Get it?

1 comment:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

you are indeed taller than you apear, I've "seen" it.

Z