15.5.06

But why???

I'm here to offer you the mysteries of life.. Most of which are totally random.

- Why does the Collesium have the Canadian flag in the middle of the washington state flag and the American flag.. I thought we were in America... Sure, hockey originated in Canada or something like that but did the Expo's (montreal professional baseball team) or the Blue Jays (toronto baseball team) have the American flag in the middle? I don't know.. It's just a mystery of life.

- Why are the weathermen almost always wrong yet dependable? You can basically plan your day around the weather if you think in opposites. If the guy on the tube says they'll be thunderstorms, forget the umbrella at home (unless you're a satanist-Ghost World reference.. stupid movie) because it's going to be a beautiful day! If the man is telling you that it'll be sunny and warm, make sure to bring a jacket wherever you go and maybe a poncho because heavy rainfall is coming your way. Who knows why... I think the weather people should start reporting the opposite of what they think is going to happen, but it might throw off many people like me.

- Why is it that me and my best friend can have the best time in the world, sitting at the park for hours on end, just the two of us because no one else decided to show up? I don't understand it. You would think that we'd feel like losers because everyone loves to ditch us, but it's not so. We just sit there, in the same spot every time, comtemplating what the girl in the white dress was thinking when she went shopping for prom. Another mystery.

- Last summer at the boat races I noticed that many of the girls my age had a thing for not buttoning the first button of their shorts/skirt and then instead rolling it down to show their swimsuit bottoms.. As if to say, "Eventhough I do not a have a shirt on so you can see that I'm wearing a tiny bikini, I would like to show you that I have the bottoms to match." I'm pretty sure we're smart enough to realize that you're wearing a swimsuit from the top, no need to expose yourself to the entire world. It's not like unbuttoning the top button is going to cool you off anymore... I just don't understand it.- Gaucho pants.. that's all I've got to say..

- Why does the ketchup only come out of the glass bottles when you tap on the 57?

- Emo/Punk/Harcore guys who date preppy/abercrombie zombies... The only answer I've found is that they wanted to share pants.

- People in America have selective memory loss.. All I hear is how good our country was doing when Bill Clinton was in office, and then how bad our country is doing now that Bush is president... I don't know if they forgot about Miss Monica or how Bill didn't take out Saddam when he had the chance. Oh yeah, and by the way, in case you were wondering about the "useless" war on Iraq... Can you remember what NYC looked like before September 11th? Just wondering. And I'd like to thank president Nixon for showing us what would happen if we decided to pull out now. Really, I can't explain the phenomenon..

- Why do girls pick out prom dresses that don't flatter their body. It IS a mystery of life. When I was at the park with my friend, we just sat there and a horde of kids on their way to prom came and took pictures, while we sat there. There was a theme that ran through every group. No one looked comfortable in their dresses and they all looked fake. Except for this one couple. My bet was that they were more best friends than a "couple" because they looked so confortable, like they were used to dressing that way. They looked like they stepped right out of the 50's.. almost. Of course there was a modern punky twist on the whole thing, but it was pretty sweet. Are girls ever going to learn that certain dresses just aren't for them?

- Rap music, don't understand it. Well, not true. I get that it's a form of expression when done right. What I don't get is how most every rap song lies within about 5 categories: Sex, Drugs, Alcohol, Guns/Violence, Cars. You're about to say, "Don't most genres of music lie within those general categories?" And I answer back with, "Yeah, sure.." The kicker is that most songs have ALL FIVE CATEGORIES IN THE SAME SONG! With 10 to 15 songs on a CD, you can see why I don't understand rap music or the people who like it. It's like listening to the same vulgar song over and over but they're "different" songs. Variety people!

- Canadian's don't like Americans.. Why is that? We give them money. We don't even correct them when they say that they're "Americans" too.. Oh wait.. Ha, got that one from my mom. Here's a great story to back this one up: When my family was in Canada, we were staying on Victoria Island. Well, this American nuclear powered ship was docked there and the people who lived there were protesting this ship.. just because it was nuclear powered. I'm thinking the people didn't fully comprehend the situation before deciding to protest because if they did, they would've realized that there were about a thousand or two American Sailors on that ship with American money in their pockets, which is worth a lot more than Canadian money, ready to fuel the Canadian economy. Smart people. Another mystery of life.

-Y2K... who came up with that crap in the first place?

- Why would someone want a split level house? Who come up with this idea in the first place? It wastes alot of space that could be utilized better in a different floor plan. Explain it for me please!

- People come from Mexico but don't learn to speak English. Yeah, America is the melding pot of the world, but English is the official language of the United States. Learn it so we can all work together without the translater.

- Rice Krispies.

- Lawn Gnomes.

- Passive agressive people. I don't understand them. I don't know how to deal with them. One of life's mysteries.

-Why do you get more hotdog buns in a package then hotdogs? Or is it the other way around. Personally, I like Steve Martin's explaination in "Father of the Bride."

- Why does the water go down the drain one way in the northern hemisphere and another is the southern. Well, I know it's due to gravity.. but why do they go that specific way? Hmmm...

- How can the writers of the book "Freakonomics," claim that the reason the crime rate dropped int he early 1990's is because abortion was legalized in '73? They "back their statement up" by saying that the people who wanted an abortion were the ones who were in the worst economic position so the babies that were not born would've grown up to be criminals and since they weren't born, the crime rate dropped. How could someone even come up with crap like that?

Those are all the ones I can think of right now. More to come later no doubt. If I bashed on someone, I didn't mean to, honest. I was only stating the things that confused me. It's true. If you think of any, just let me know.Have fun with that one.

2 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

I love having this peek into your mind. You are a wonderfully unique individual.

Stay real
Stay genuine
Stay you!

Z

Nadine said...

I have to say I love the way you think. You're truly special. Here's one - how about having bathing suit police. People should be allowed to buy any bathing suit they want and wear it out in public because . . . come on not everyone should wear a binki. I purpose a weight and age limit on that one.
Love ya,
Nadine