30.4.06

Bathroom Bonding

This is dedicated to the randomness inside. I wrote this once and then the window got closed.. this one isn't as funny.. but I'll try.

1. I highly suggest that if you are having troubles with your girlfriends take some time to bond in the bathroom. I found out how effective this method is today during church.. Ha.. that's right Tom, the secret world of the bridge girls revealed.. at least a little.
Today was a weird day. Some of us girls just weren't getting along today despite the breakfast we had together this morning. It was just kind of hard to focus on what was going on at church rather then our problems. So while Tom was preaching, I had to go to the bathroom and then my friend came in and we started talking... and about ten minutes later another friend came in and the three of us talked for another ten minutes until another friend came in.. And we talked until church was over.. Just the four of us.. sitting in the bathroom.. bonding. Isn't it random how girls always go to teh bathroom to talk? You'd think they'd figure out that the acoustics are better so the sound can really travel when you're in there.. So for about 45 minutes to an hour we just sat in the bathroom talking about the most random things and afterwards we all felt so much better. I think I'll write a self-help book about it and make alot of money off of it now..

2. I love the song "Swing Life Away" by Rise Against. Me and a friend were talking about it and I brought up the thought that I'd totally put it in my wedding.. Ha.. well.. apparently some people may be offended by it (only those with dirty minds) because of one line in the song. Of course, I laughed at that concept saying "Who cares! I'll be married! It's my wedding anyways!" I love it. you can listen to it at

Lyrics:
Am I loud and clear, or am I breaking up?
Am I still your charm, or am I just bad luck?
Are we getting closer, or are we just getting more lost?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours first
Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse
Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words

We live on front porches and swing life away,
We get by just fine here on minimum wage If love is a labor
I'll slave till the end, I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand

I've been here so long, I think that it's time to move
The winter's so cold, summer's over too soon
Let's pack our bags and settle down where palm trees grow

I've got some friends, some that I hardly know
But we've had some times, I wouldn't trade for the world
We chase these days down with talks of the places that we will go

We live on front porches and swing life away,
We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labor I'll slave till the end,
I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand....until you hold my hand

I'll show you mine if you show me yours first
Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse
Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words

We live on front porches and swing life away,
We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labor I'll slave till the end,
I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand

Swing life away [x4]


It reminds me of best friends. And my mom always tells me to marry my best friend... So there you go, if you don't like it, you don't have to come.. Unless your name is Tom. Then you're required to come.

3. Elyon is the Hebrew name of God meaning "most high". I love it. and I love Ted Dekker's books.

4. I want a tattoo of Elyon in Hebrew.

5. Bradley Hathaway is way to cool for you... But listen to "the boobie poem" at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4757847. it'll be awkward... no doubt about that. But if you've been keeping up with my blogs you'll know that it's worth it in the end. have fun...

6. I don't find it weird that guys wear girl pants.. I like it. Don't hate cause you're homophobic. Just because a guy wears girl pants, doesn't mean he's gay.. Alot of them aren't. So calm yourself down.

7. I'm thinking about getting my lip pierced. sweeeet....

There you go. A few random thoughts for you..

2 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Hey Em:

Only the rapture will keep me from your wedding day! And maybe we need to start pumping the sermon audio into the ladies room?

Z

Unknown said...

That goes double for me...nothing could keep me away!!

I know we shouldn't play favorites, so can I just say I love you?