24.4.06

fronts

I couldn't get the video on here so go to the link and watch the video before you finishing reading this or the rest won't make too much sense...



http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=647833915&n=2




Blindside, ladies and gentlemen...

First of all.. I ask you to simply watch the video. It may not be your "style" of music, but try to be gracious because there is a point that I'm going to make with it. I think you can take 4 minutes of your life to at least grant me this one thing.


So, this song (as christian, the singer, says) is in swedish so you may not get the full impact of the song until you read the lyrics. But first here's a little background on the band.


Blindside is a christian hardcore band from Sweden. Now, if you listened to the song you probably didn't realize it was Christian, mainly because you couldn't understand the words. (that'll be fixed if you keep reading) You also might have put a stereotype on it because of what it sounded like and because of what the guys in the band looked like? Yes?


Ask yourself a question, just for your own self knowledge...


What did you think the song was about just from the sound? (screaming, heavy guitars, and a little crazy drumming)

I've heard it described as "death to the world" "I hate everyone" "kill me now" music. Sure, every genre of music has some depressing music, but this band does not fit into that stereotype. Sorry guys, but if I were to describe Blindside to any christian, I'd have to label them as the worship music of the hardcore scene. Actually.. More like what

So, now that you know some background along with my personal opinions in there, read the lyrics to this song.. maybe you'll see it in a different light afterwards.

Nara


Hennes hjärta slog hårdare för varje sekund
Skalet höll emot som aldrig förut
En vägran till var allt detta har sin grund
Skalet höll emot men stora bucklor buktar ut


Inte nu, kanske senare och aldrig förut
Som en blomma som aldrig slagit ut
Om en längtan som aldrig fött ett beslut
Om en längtan som aldrig tagit slut


Med fötterna så långt under markytan
Och ändå bärare av ett rotlöst hjärta
För svårt att ta sig upp och ändå veta
Att skönhet kommer ur smärta


Och jag önskar jag kunde dra dig upp därifrån
Men ingen annan utom den ende kan
Och jag önskar jag kunde dra dig upp därifrån
Min tunga kan aldrig klä i ord att min låga är sann


Och jag ska aldrig mer vara rädd att visa mig vek
Aldrig mer med hot försöka bevisa min kärlek

Så låt dig träffas i hjärtat låt det blöda
Om jag kunde skulle jag ta tillbaks de ord som var döda
Om hans liv fick bli din föda
Om ditt hjärta fick blöda
Försök inte vinna tid
För jag ser ingenting av den varan
Trots att jag kommer att stå kvar där jag är

Vilket val du än tar
Står jag kvar

Möt mig vid fridsfurstens fötter
Jag har ingenting utom det som är mina rötter
Möt mig på knä framför hans fötter


Now, if for some reason you never learned how to speak swedish in school, not to worry, I will provide you with the english translation. Fasten your seatbelts folks.


Close

Her heart was beating harder for every second
The shell was holding up like never before
A refusal to where all this has it's foundation
The shell hold up, but big dents bulge

Not now, maybe later and never before
Like a flower that never blossomed
About a longing that never given birth to a decision
About a longing that never ended

With the feet so far below the ground surface
And yet carrier of a rootless heart
Too hard to get up and still knowing
That beauty comes out of pain


And I wish I could pull you up from there
But no one else than The Only One can
And I wish I could pull you up from there
My tongue can never dress in words that my flame is true

And I shall never again be afraid of showing my weak self
Never again with threat try to prove my love


So let yourself get hit in the heart, let it bleed
If I could I would take back the words that were dead
If you could be fed through
His lifeIf your heart would bleed
Whatever choice you make I remain
Meet me at the feet of the Prince of Peace
I have nothing except what are my roots
Meet me on your knees before His feet


Hmmm.. now doesn't it sound better to you??


Blindside is my most favorite band, ever. First I didn't know why, and then I read the lyrics to my favorite song. The verse that jumped out at me the most went like this:


Love is destructive
For the ego
And Your voice is the only thing
That speaks rebelliously in this world of claiming your own
There is no peace outside if there's nothing within
Love is addictive
For the spirit
And Your voice whispers with a roar
That fire rises up, refills
Place the right king on the throne


Who would've guessed that a band that most people can't understand because the guitars are turned up a little too much and the singer is actually screaming could be writing prophetic songs? I certainly didn't. I found myself listening to a song called "About a Burning Fire" every day on my way to school, instead of the typical worship music because everytime I'd listen to it, the tears would come.

But I wouldn't have guessed. Nope. When I was looking for the "death to the world" I got a little taste of another slice of prophetic worship. I love the randomness of God. You never know what you'll get 'hit' with next.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you so rock Emily C... I love your freshness, your perspectives, your love for the edge...

hang on out there baby!

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Hi Em:

You walk in more freedom than most, you know who you are and you are at peace with it, very cool. When i grow up I want to be just like you!

Z