19.4.06

I would've blindfolded Him....


I watched The Passion of the Christ for the first time last friday and in my mind I was constantly hit with the question, "How could they have looked into His eyes and not known?" I just didn't understand it. And then, I found this little cartoon by a guy named Joe McKeever. Actually, I read one of my friend's blog and she had a link upto it so I decided to check it out. Not sure how I actually got to this particular cartoon, but I did.. I'm sure glad someone else had the same question as I did.

Honestly, you know how you can look into someone's eyes and can just kind of tell what kind of person they are? I mean, you don't have to be an expert to do it. It's like when you meet someone for the first time you look in their eyes and either immediately get this feeling like "oo.. creepy" or like "oh.. nice". Yeah, I know you know. (Big brother is watching.. I always found that show slightly disturbing...)

But how did those soldiers not realize who they were killing? I mean, it was by God's grace that they didn't know what they were doing.

Grace:
3. generosity of spirit: a capacity to tolerate, accommodate, or forgive people
7. gift of God to humankind: in Christianity, the infinite love, mercy, favor, and goodwill shown to humankind by God
8. freedom from sin: in Christianity, the condition of being free of sin, e.g. through repentance to God

I took those from the dictionary on Encarta. (Props to the Ancarta folks! You get 7 points for those answers!)

It's by God's grace anything happens.

One personal example (I have many) took place a few weeks ago. Finals week to be precise. Well, for this story to make sense, you'll have to know that I am a female and with the female gender comes that one week out of the month where the female will engage in a slighty displeasing manner. So basically, since this isn't the animal channel, and no, I do not support PETA (just wanted that out there), I'll tell it like it is. I had both finals on the same day and when I got to school, I started getting cramps. They weren't so bad, so I thought I could live with it. (If you're a guy, you have no idea what I'm talking about but keep reading it'll start to make sense.) Well, I get through my first class and I get to my next Final (psychology, the one that really counted) and my cramps are unbearable to the point of passing out. But I think, "this is the worst part, it'll get better now." It didn't. It got worse. So while I'm trying to focus classical conditioning, I'm also trying not to pass out or throw up on the person sitting in front of me.

When it came down to it, I left within 45 minutes of a 2 hour final. I turned in my test without saying a word of what was going on to my prof. and left.

My first encounter of God's grace was on my way to the car.. He was the only reason I even made it to my car. The second was that my aunt happened to live 30 seconds away and came to drive me to her house until I felt better.

Now the good part...

So I knew that I completely bombed my entire test. I couldn't even remember what was on it and I was heartbroken because nothing like that had ever happened to me before. I'm usually a good test taker and can bluff my was through an essay like nobody's business.. a true car salesman so to speak. I had no choice but to beg my prof. to let me finish my test.

So then next day I went to his office (thank you Jesus that he was actually there) and I explained what had happened, tears and everything, eventhough I promised myself I wouldn't cry. So he got my test out.. looked it over.. and said, "Why don't I just give you a new one.." and with that he ripped up my old one and took me to the testing room. Grace. In just a few seconds I had gone from complete anxiety to total peace. The test ended up being a cake walk, and Mr. Taff will always be remembered in my family.

WOO YEAH WOO YEAH WOO YEAH! I think it's something to cheer for.. Go ahead.. yell a little.. get crazy! YEAHHHHH!!!!

3 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Hey Kiddo:

You're awesome! I love that you're doing this. You write like you talk, I can hear your voice and see your face as I read your words, You got mad skills girl, keep up the good work!

Z

Unknown said...

you're now on my 'favorite blog list'... I'm going to add a link to you off my page!!! GGOOOOOO emily!!

Jourdan said...

Hey Miss.Emileta, I just found out that you had a blog, and I just couldn't wait to see it! You are an amazing writer, so keep it up!
Jourdan <><