7.11.06

The National Language

I've come to realize that I love to write. I actually enjoy writing papers and analyzing random things and adding in my opinion in a sly dog sort of way. It's the reading that I hate. I find most "literary works" to be very boring and dry, but give me a satire and I'm entertained for days to come. I also realized that I love to write satire. Even in dry, factual papers I like to bring my own style to things, often using an underlying mocking tone that most people wouldn't even catch but I put it in anyways for my own personal enjoyment.

Once I actually got to write a satire paper for an assignment. It was probably the funnest thing I've ever written, and it was stinking halarious if I do say so myself. It was all about the reparations that were still being demanded for the black slavery in the south before the civil war. Yes, I had many things to say about it.

(By the way, if you didn't know, how satire works is basically a form of mocking something. You pretend that you're all for something in the beginning and you must be very convincing, but once you're nearing the end you come up with some absurd proposal that the reader should be completely appalled by but you must try to back yourself up in this proposal telling how helpful it will be and so on and so forth. They are very fun to write, let me tell you...)

Anyways, I'm not going to post the actual paper because there WILL be someone who gets offended by it because that's the purpose yet some just won't understand and they will think I'm bashing on them (which I am, but not for reals cause it was for school...).

So here's how it went down. In the beginning, I wrote that I was white (which I am) and that I was thoroughly fired up at the bad things that have been done to many black people today (in reguards to slavery). I went on about this for about a page and a half and then I moved on to my proposal to fix this wrong doing.. Oh yes... it get's good.

I proposed that all white people become the slaves of the descendants of the early black slaves in America and that basically the slave holders could do whatever they wanted to their slaves.. I also went into detail with this but I'll spare you the brutalness.. I wrote that this slavery would put an end to obesity because all of the white people would be underfed and over worked.

Yeah, it was grusome and I loved writing it. I'd love to write more stuff like this, but I'd probably get in trouble. And eventhough I've grown accustom to getting in trouble for things I write, I think I'll wait just a bit longer before my next one... I think I'll write it on our new national language... or maybe not..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one of a kind and I'm sure glad you're part of my world.

Z

Anonymous said...

I would love to read your paper. You're great and I love your mind.

Jenna said...

i miss you...