9.11.06

Alarm Clocks

"Wake up! Wake up! My God! This is NOT a test!"

I tend to just walk by. At school, I don't normally stop to talk, I don't say "hello" to people I recognize, I just walk by. I don't speak, I don't smile, I just walk in a half asleep daze. I see hundreds of people everyday and I just walk by, usually with my headphones in.

"and it's not to late to come clean. Get it off your chest. So steady your hand before your face and concentrate."

A song that is usually playing on repeat on my way to classes wouldn't be liked among most people, but I enjoy it. No one can hear it though. Only me, in my remote little world, walking from building to building.

"There's got to be some stable ground left to walk on."

Even if I was willing, no one makes eye contact, no one else smiles. They look down at the ground, through their dark sunglasses, that they’re walking on, knowing that it will hold them up. They too have a dazed look on their face. I'm not sure what their excuse is though.

"So tear another page from the book. Are you asleep or just alone?"

Ready to learn, ready to leave. Either one is dangerous in this place. The mind is pliable, but only to a point. Once it reaches a certain point, something will snap. Some go insane. Not the institutionalized crazy though, no. This kind is socially accepted, taught in fact.

"Clear this room from your lungs, and pull yourself together man."

Wrong, whether they know it or not. Some know, they were taught young, but the pressure against is too strong. They fall to the ground, knocked unconscious. Their world gone black.

"On your back, you're sleeping in a bed of shame. Let the light breathe some new life into this room."

They have no idea what they just missed, but I do. It's contagious and addictive, but they don't know that yet. Not yet.

"It's what keeps you coming back, made up of insatiable taste."

Until they find it, despair will be their only friend. Nothing will be right, nothing will ever change, they will never see the light of day.

"Bury your head in your hands and sink into yourself."

I see these people everyday. I walk past them everyday. I hear them everyday. It's their choice to look away and keep walking. I know why.

"Just what are you so afraid of? What are you so afraid of?"

They know it, I know it. Something holds them back. EVERYTHING holds them back. We all know what's right, but no one says anything of it. No one, not even I. I just walk.

"You're staring truth in the face, so come on down."

It's ignored. Passed away in the day to day. Only a select few choose to really see but not even they inform the others. No one chooses the position of the spokesperson. They just walk and only talk to those they know. They say things that aren't true. It's the insanity poking through the exterior. I told you this place makes people crazy.

"You're busy living life now, aren't you? No. You're busy making vows. You're coming unglued."

I know the remedy for this sickness, I just choose not to share it. I choose to be silent when I should be loud. Who knows how long I've wasted.

"Time is shorter than you know."

I don't want to walk between buildings staring at people who shield their eyes. The sunglasses keep them isolated from the world. It keeps them dead and in the dark. It blocks their vision. They can't even see what's really around them.

"I know the light is blinding to the naked eye, so why don't you take steps away from being alone?"

Even if they wanted to take them off, they feel they've missed the opportunity. Keep them on, they don't want to look at what they think they've missed.

"I swear it's not too late for you."

Who will remove the sunglasses? Not I. I'm still walking. Remember? But I know the One that can. Yes, He removed mine as well.

"It's all worth reaching for the hand to pull you out."

Will they ask? No, they're still unconscious on the floor, wrapped in what they know. They don't understand that this time it's the real thing. They need to see what's coming. As I walk by, I want to scream. I hear the screaming through my headphones. I hear the words I want to say coming through the speakers. Screaming through the speakers.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! And step outside your box! Wake up! Wake up!"


Underoath- In regards to myself

Add to My Profile More Videos

No comments: