24.1.07

To Write Love On Her Arms

So, it's good to be back everyone... Alright, now down to business.

About six months ago I was looking for bands and I came across these guys Between the Trees. They've got some good tunes, but that's not the point. While I was looking around their website I noticed a link to something called "To Write Love On Her Arms". I thought it was just another band with a sweet name so I clicked and found out that it's actually an organization.

Yeah, TWLOHA is an organization that thinks suicide prevention is possible.

The whole thing started with this girl who was on the verge of suicide. She was depressed, drugged, and a cutter. A few people decided to take her in and help her out. They sat with her singing worship songs day and night while she went through detox and everything else she was dealing with. They prayed with her and to make the story short, she's living right now. (the full story can be found at http://twloha.com/the_story.php)

Through this experience they decided they wanted to start an organization for suicide prevention eventhough many people told them suicide prevention was an impossible. They believe that love can save a person and push back the darkness surrounding them. They're right.



Hmm.. so a bit short this time, but I don't think it needs much more explaining. I just thought you would be interested to know that part of this generation is ready to make a change.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Touching story Emily. Thanks for sharing. Suicide hurts so many, especially those left behind. Love, N

Don C. said...

Good post, good link - let's pray for huge success in this movement. Suicide doesn't just affect the young. One our good friends is a widow because of suicide. The grieving and recovery process have long and very difficult.

Oh, and great new look on the blog - including the fab new picture. SLAP! :-)

Lynda Meyers said...

I love this idea... and my newest novel (Letters From The Ledge) is about a guy who is on the verge of suicide and the people he encounters that pull him back from the ledge... I love this idea and thank you so much for this new link to explore!

You rock...