14.2.07

Warrior Poet

So as I was looking down the list of posts that I have written, I was reminded of a certain post that got special attention from my readers.. The comments recieved from this post were only relevant to one sentance out of a few paragraphs, but it was enough for you all to fight over the life of one young boy. Seeing how popular this subject seems, I have decided (with concent) to write a bit about Steven. Ha, oh yes...

Let's just begin this with the thought that I am not the girl that writes a boy's name all over her notebook in class. BUT I am the kind of girl who will take it a step further by writing a blog, knowing it will make everyone feel the slightest bit uncomfortable, including myself, but also know that I am not writing this solely for that purpose.

Alright, so let's talk about Steven. (You may start to think of your life threatening comments now Tom.) I think I'm just going to let you know a bit about him first. His middle name is Clarence, but he doesn't like it much. I find it to be cute, but you can't really trust my opinion because I just think he's cute all around... Alright, well anyways, he's got this big dog that looks like a bear but he's so cute and his name is Rusty. He has a twin brother that looks nothing like him, so much so that I asked to see their drivers liscenses when I first met them. He's tall and his hair is naturally this sweet reddish brown color. His eyes are a really really dark green, but you wouldn't know it unless you really looked at them. He has a very kind heart and is actually very sensative, which says nothing about his manliness eventhough many people in our culture might disagree with me (they just need to listen to Bradley Hathaway). He always tries to get me to sing in the car, unsucessfully I might add. He loves to longboard and skateboard and snowboard but NOT wakeboard. He's a very picky eater and one of the only kids I know that doesn't like macaroni and cheese. His car smells really good. He smells really good. He's got man hands, A.K.A. big and rough and strong. He's a skinny little boy, yet muscular. He loves reggae music and likes to talk about the Marley's. He hardcore danced at the Dear Whoever show (WOOOOOOO!!!!!). He randomly makes loud birdcalls. He likes coffee. He's completely witty and can shut people down very easily. He likes the Postal Service (band). He loves Johnny Depp in Blow or even just in general and wants tattoos like Brad Pitt in some movie... I forget which one. He's a lot like my dad in the things that he does and in his giftings. He loves Jesus tremendously. He's an excellent dancer. He lets me punch him, and he is a very very cute boy...

So now that I have told you a bit about this new boyfriend of mine, I'm going to let you leave whatever comments about him that you please. Just know that I think he's gotten the hints (and blantent warnings) that he will be taken out if need be, so remember folks, let's make him crystal. Remember the water?

13 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

OK, OK, OK, I'll play nice.

Slowly taking off my "daddy" hat and putting on my pastor hat.

Ahhh... now, Steven, When I look at you I see...

A man full of faith and the Holy Spirit just like your biblical namesake.

I see a man with passion in his eyes and fire on his hands and feet.

I see a man called to unlock and open prison gates, setting captives free.

I see a good man, with a good heart and a good future.

Study the life of Timothy and it will speak to you about your life.

Great Grace & Peace...

Tom

Nadine said...

This is such an adorable post. I love you Em! You're precious. I also like the boy. If you like him - then he is someone very special. I love you.

Nadine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadine said...

This is your mom ...Nadine let me sign in under her account.

I had no idea that Lil Stevie was so talented with the whole bird thing....I must hear this!

Was it necessary to use the word 'cute' so many times. I think it just speaks for itself.

I agree with everything Tom said in his blog (the second one....and the first)

So Lil Stevie....When I look at you I see....Duane (this is a very good thing. I know this from experience.) I see a tender heart with seeds of wisdom.

Great Blog.....your such a good writer....just remember.....30.

Love from your mom.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love it when Tom gives words... I get the chills... that was all very accurate and from the heart of the Father... I love you Emily :)

a woman who is said...

Emms you are so sweet to share your heart with us. I love you even more for all your bravery and flare. And you do have flare girl!
Steven let's just say...you better be amazingly good to this girl! By the way when I see you next I am checking out those deep green eyes :>D

Jessica said...

This is awesome... I love Tom's words... I love your words... and I too would like to see the dark green... hmm.

:)

I love you.

- Jess <><

Dianna said...

Thankyou for your boldness and transparency. You have a great way of capturing someones spirit in your words, sharing the 'realness' of him.
Blessings on your new friendship!

matthew said...

hahaha, i hate mac and cheese too-looks like the crew is going to get along just fine at the new crib. im glad i get to study dirt and rocks with you emily:)

James Robert Borey said...

ha Dawn ur so cuute!! :) aaaanyways, Lil Stevie.... Lil Stevie, LIIIITTLE Steeevie... hmmm ur a good man, a good brother i might add.

(He does make an amazing bird call by the way)

love u two dearly :)


oh almost forgot! Emily, since I am "the twin", does that mean that ill get my own special little post?

Unknown said...

ok well -

I love the boy.

Always have.

'Nuff said.

Tiffany said...

I love stevo.. even if he likes to make things awkward haha jk jk He can read people very well :-) hmm yes, steve is a keeper
-tiffany

Shadraq said...

Steven is cute